Other YVCF Funding Opportunities
FALL Granting cycle OPEN NOW. Deadline for request forms: Friday, September 22
This group of individuals is interested in learning more about the needs in Routt and Moffat Counties and in making an impact on our community. Their charitable giving helps individuals and families whose specific circumstances require immediate financial assistance.
YVCF strongly encourages all agencies to call YVCF to discuss the individual circumstances of the family or individual before submitting a proposal: Greg Hamilton 970-879-8632. Please submit the request for assistance form linked below, and email to email@example.com (please do not include client names).
Guidelines for requesting assistance:
- The proposal should include details of the request and a budget and should not include the client’s name or identifying details. Submit proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your nonprofit must be available to present in person at a WZ meeting which take place 2-3 times per year. The fall meeting will take place in Steamboat Springs the morning of October 12, 2023. Funding will be determined at this meeting, and grants will be disbursed to the presenting agency.
- Grant requests up to $5,000 are accepted and may include certain incremental operating expenses directly associated with the requested grant’s execution but not to exceed 10% of the requested grant amount. Include these details in the budget.
- CLICK HERE to download the WZ Giving Circle Request for Funding form
The Women’s Giving Circle accepts proposals on a rolling basis for their year-round granting. This group of donors wishes to have an immediate impact toward improving the situation of women, children, and older adults in the Yampa Valley. They accept proposals from organizations, schools, and churches who know of community members who could use a little boost from anonymous “angels” among us.
YVCF strongly encourages all agencies to call YVCF to discuss the individual circumstances of the family or individual before submitting a proposal: email Greg Hamilton or call him at (970) 439-4443. Submit the request for assistance in an email to email@example.com (please do not include client names).
Guidelines for requesting assistance:
- A proposal must provide immediate help to an individual or family in Routt or Moffat County. The request should be a one-time, finite expense that addresses an urgent but not chronic need.
- Proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, year-round.
- Proposals must be submitted by a representative of an agency, school or church that is currently assisting the client. Grant funds will be disbursed to the sponsoring agency.
- All proposals should include a specific dollar amount of no more than $3,000.
- Proposals for rent assistance must include BOTH forms on the Housing Assistance Supplement Application linked below – the regular application and the housing assistance supplemental application. Rent assistance is limited to one month’s rent.
- Funding requests for organizational general support, purchase of a car/vehicle, client medical bill and client legal bill assistance are not of interest to the Giving Circle. Types of proposals that have been funded in the past include: a accessibility ramp for a home, a new furnace, bicycle repairs, and electric meter compliance.
- Funding is for Yampa Valley community members who have lived in the valley for at least one year and intend to stay in the valley, except in specific, extreme circumstances. Please email Greg Hamilton or call him at (970) 439-4443 with questions.
- Download application here:
Trail Maintenance Endowment Fund
Maintain the trails you love – forever
Yampa River Endowment Fund
For Yampa River conservation and restoration
Wildlife Habitat Improvement – Local District (WHILD)
Protecting Routt County wildlife
North Routt Community Fund
Ensuring a strong community for generations to come