YVCF Community Grant Cycle
At the Yampa Valley Community Foundation, we proudly support a philosophy of trust-based philanthropy in our relationship with every grantee. This approach commits to building relationships based on transparency, dialogue, and mutual learning. We seek to streamline applications and reporting, attaching fewer strings to funding. We partner with local nonprofit organizations for a stronger combined effort towards achieving shared community goals.
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation, in partnership with the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, donor advised fund holders, and other granting endowments, offers once-a-year grants up to $7,500. In addition to our annual grants, organizations working collaboratively to make a regional difference in the Yampa Valley may be invited to apply for a YVCF Impact Grant up to $30,000.
Each grant is either for unrestricted purposes or issued as a programmatic grant:
- Unrestricted (General Operating) Grants: The 2023 grant cycle will again focus on unrestricted grants. Unrestricted funding provides grantees the flexibility to assess and determine where grant dollars are most needed. These grants allow for innovation, emergent action, and organizational sustainability. To qualify for unrestricted grants, the organization must serve Routt and/or Moffat Counties and must meet all other eligibility requirements posted in these 2023 Community Grants Guidelines.
- Programmatic Grants: We will accept programmatic grant applications from eligible organizations when an operating grant is not appropriate. If your organization fits any of the following descriptions, you must apply for a program grant:
- Organizations with annual operating budget over $1 million
- Organizations with service areas outside Routt and Moffat Counties
- Faith-based organizations
Grant Making Guidelines
- 2022 Complete Grant Guidelines (2023 updated guidelines coming soon)
- 2023 Scoring Matrix (coming soon)
- Grant requests must be limited to $7,500 or less.
- IRS status: 501(c)(3) or fiscally sponsored through a 501(c)(3).
- Geography: Funds must serve Routt and/or Moffat County. Organizations operating beyond these two counties must apply for a programmatic grant and explain how the funds granted by YVCF would be used only within Routt and/or Moffat County.
- Grant funds may NOT be used for:
- Religious or political purposes (faith-based organizations must apply for a programmatic grant and explain how program meets this requirement)
- Debt reimbursement, retroactive grants, or projects already completed
- Late April/Early May (date TBD) YVCF Grant Application Training – Steamboat Springs (online access available)
- Late April/Early May (date TBD) YVCF Grant Application Training – Craig (online access available)
- Late April/Early May (date TBD) Financials Training for Grantseekers – Steamboat Springs (online access available)
- 5/8/2023 Application opens on YVCF website
- 6/11/2023 Grant applications due
- 8/31/2023 Organizations notified of grant award.
If you have any questions, please contact Greg Hamilton at email@example.com or 970-879-8632
Every day we meet with partners, new and longstanding, to pass on our passion to build a better Yampa Valley. If you have a passion, we can help you find the best way to pass it on.