YVCF Impact Grants
2023-24 Grant Guidelines
Organizations working collaboratively to make a regional difference in the Yampa Valley may be invited to apply for a YVCF Impact Grant up to $30,000.
All grant requests should make a positive impact and be transformative for our community and/or the organization.
- Impact: We’re seeking grants that effect positive change or transformation within our Valley: building new capability, addressing unmet needs, significantly expanding access to existing resources, and the like.
- Transformative: We recognize that valuable transformation can happen within and/or outside an organization. We’re seeking progress that exceeds the scope of standard operations. Applicants should make a case for how their program is an exceptional one-time boost in capacity and/or reach.
If you have an idea for a worthy Impact Grant, please contact program officer Greg Hamilton to discuss: email@example.com.
NEW FOR 2023
- All application guidelines, questions, and scoring rubrics have been carefully reconsidered and in some cases significantly revised since 2022. Changes were made to clarify the application and improve our grantmaking process for applicants and reviewers alike. Past applicants should read everything anew and new applicants will benefit from reading all guidelines and scoring rubrics. Free trainings should prove very helpful for all applicants: see schedule below.
- 2023 IMPACT Scoring Rubric: review detailed criteria by which your application will be evaluated.
- Application questions: view the application questions (for reference only; does not include tips and links to resources available through the online application).
- Grant requests must be limited to $30,000 or less.
- IRS status: applicant must be 501(c)(3) organization.
- Geography: Funds must serve Routt and/or Moffat County. Organizations operating beyond these two counties must explain how the funds granted by YVCF would be used only within Routt and/or Moffat County.
- Grant funds may NOT be used for:
- Religious or political purposes.
- Debt reimbursement, retroactive grants, or projects already completed.
- Purposes that do not meet YVCF’s non-discrimination policy.
Training, Technical Assistance, & Resources
Watch our 2023 Training video for grant applicants (full training = 75 min.; Impact Grants are discussed starting at 1:04:37)
Download a PDF of these Grant Guidelines
- Must be in PDF format. Access a free online PDF converting tool here: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/convert-pdf.html
- If providing multiple documents for one question, you must combine into a single PDF. Access a free online PDF merging tool here: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/merge-pdf.html
- Watch for errors or lost data! Please proof all your documents before uploading.
- Concluded: Wed, May 10, 2023 YVCF Grant Application Training including NEW Financials Training for Grantseekers – at Old Town Hot Springs, Steamboat Springs
- Concluded: Fri, May 12 YVCF Grant Application Training – at Craig Chamber
- Wed, May 17 Application opens on YVCF website
- Wed, May 24 Deadline to contact YVCF to discuss your program (technical assistance only with the application after this date)
- Sun, June 11 (11:30pm Mountain) Grant applications due
- Thu, August 31 Organizations notified of grant award
If you have any questions, please contact Greg Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-8632
Every day we meet with partners, new and longstanding, to pass on our passion to build a better Yampa Valley. If you have a passion, we can help you find the best way to pass it on.