Through the generosity of 76 members of the Women’s Giving Circle, 73 requests for assistance were funded in 2023 for a total of $96,313. In comparison, in 2019, the Women’s Giving Circle funded 17 proposals totaling $22,612. This 326% growth over four years of the program is a reflection of the generosity in our community and also of the growing need for assistance in our valley.
The Women’s Giving Circle accepts proposals from nonprofit organizations year-round to improve the situation for our neighbors who are struggling or who have come upon hard times. Proposals for urgent and critical, but not chronic, needs are accepted. Examples of some of the individuals and families helped in 2023 include:
- Move-in costs for a single mother to relocate out of safe shelter ($1,050 to Brighter World Child Advocacy Center)
- Respite care for a mother who has a child with severe needs, so she can attend CNA classes ($600 to Horizons Specialized Services)
- A portable oxygen tank for an elderly woman with fixed income ($2,587 to Memorial Regional Health)
- Car repairs for a man with fixed income going through cancer treatment ($1,318 to Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership)
- Installation of a wheelchair ramp for a person with disabilities to make their home accessible ($2,175 to Northwest Colorado Center for Independence)
A Giving Circle is a group of passionate people who come together, pooling tax-deductible donations and granting the funds into the community where they can have a meaningful impact. YVCF manages charitable contributions, grant disbursement, and additional marketing and outreach for the Giving Circle. Giving Circles provide an opportunity for donors to meet new friends and learn about giving and community issues. New members are welcome; for more information on how to join, call 970-879-8632 or email email@example.com.