How to use the Donor Portal
This portal allows you to interact with your fund(s) via a secure, password-protected website.
The portal provides useful functionality for Fund Advisors, so we are eager to get you into the new system as quickly as possible. Please refer to the following section to learn more about establishing your Donor Portal account; you may wish to retain this email for future reference to its detailed instructions. Let’s get started!
- Look for an email to arrive from sender “firstname.lastname@example.org” You will see “Yampa Valley Community Foundation” referenced in the email’s subject line. Some email programs might flag this message as spam so please check your Junk folder if it does not make its way to your Inbox by the end of today.
- The email will provide you with a custom link to establish your unique password. Click the link to start the simple set-up process. Not to worry — the system will guide you and you will likely be up-and-running in under 2 minutes. Be sure to take note of the username and password as you work through this process and store this information in a secure place.
- Once you have successfully completed the registration process, visit yvcf.fcsuite.com/erp/fundmanager/ to access the system at any time.
Highlights of the Donor Portal
- Quarterly Statements will post directly to the Donor Portal and can be accessed at your convenience.
- Fund balances are updated in real-time in the Donor Portal. For those funds that receive high volumes of donations, you will see the most recent transactions on the account’s main page when you log in. Use the section labeled “Donations” in the menu bar (just under the account name) to review all historic gifts received into the fund since January 1, 2019. Use the “Grants” option in the menu bar to review all pending and completed grants paid from the fund.
- Donor Advisors with granting permission will be able to use a “Grant Request” section to recommend a new charitable payment to an eligible recipient.
You will receive an automated email when your Quarterly Fund Statement(s) have been posted to the Donor Portal.
The Community Foundation can alert you every time a Donation is made or a Grant is paid out from your Fund. These alerts can be activated or cancelled at any point, but the alerts are not retroactive, so you will not be notified of past grants or donations. If you wish to be notified of each donation requested and/or grant paid, contact the Community Foundation.
Locked Out of your Donor Portal
If you are locked out of your account, click Forgot Password on the login page. Enter your username, which is your email address (unless you change it when setting up access) and click the Reset Password button. If an account with the provided username is found, instructions to reset your password will be sent to the email address for that account. If you’re still having trouble, please contact the Community Foundation.
Help When You Need It
Our team is always ready to assist with any questions you might have about the donor portal. Call our office at 970–879–8632 to speak with a staff member about the Donor Portal website.
More Details – for those who like the nitty gritty
Once you have logged in you can select the tabs at the top of the page to review the different areas available to you as a Fund Advisor. If you serve as an advisor for multiple funds, you will see the “Choose Fund” menu once you have successfully signed into the Donor Portal System. Choose the particular account with which you wish to interact. If you are listed as an advisor for only one Fund, you will go directly to the Home page for that Fund.
- The “Home” tab shows the Fund’s Current Balance. This area also lists all fund advisors and shows recent contributions to and grants made from the Fund.
- The “Choose Fund” tab is visible if there are other funds to select and view.
- The “Donations” tab shows all contributions or donations to the fund.
- Clicking on a Contributor’s name will bring up their history of contributions.
- You can access all Donations including Donor contact information here.
- The “Grants” tab will show the history of Grants made from the fund.
- If you are authorized to make grant requests from a Fund, you will have an additional tab: “Make A Grant Request.”
- In this tab:
- The left side of the screen is where Grant Requests are created. You can select a Grantee in three ways:
- Previous Grantees and Funds that you have given to can be selected from drop down lists.
- You can ‘Search for other Grantees’. This is helpful because you can type in some keywords and click the “Search” button. The system will search GuideStar for organizations containing the keywords. GuideStar is an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit companies. The more keywords used, the better the search result will be.
- A new Nonprofit or Grantee can be entered manually in the bottom section. You will need to enter the name, address, zipcode and phone number of the new Grantee.
- Once the Grantee information has been added, complete the request by clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the page to send the grant request to the Community
- Foundation for approval and processing.
- The right side of the Grant Request tab will show a list of Grants requested to be paid out, with the current status.
- Grant Requests still in the “request” status can be canceled from this screen.
- A “Grant Catalog” tab is available when the Community Foundation has an active Grant Catalog. A 2020 Grant Catalog will be launched in September after the annual Community Grants Round. The catalog is a great tool that you will be able to use to search for funding opportunities and projects to give to from your Fund.
- The “Fund Statements” tab will show fund statements.
- Fund Advisors will be able to view newly created fund statements immediately after they are created.
- Statements from prior years will not be posted to the Donor Portal.
- Printing Statements – The system will generate a PDF in a new window in your web browser that you may save or print
- Remember to use the “Logout” tab to close your Donor Portal. You will be automatically logged out each night even if you forget to logout.
Every day we meet with partners, new and longstanding, to pass on our passion to build a better Yampa Valley. If you have a passion, we can help you find the best way to pass it on.