About the organization
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation works every day to preserve the shared community values that make our valley such a special place to work, live, raise a family, and enjoy the beauty of our surroundings. Over our 40-year history, YVCF has become integral to the vibrancy of the Yampa Valley. We provide support for local nonprofits in helping them fulfill their missions and build capacity, partnership for philanthropists who want to make an impact through their giving, and resources for our communities in addressing challenges.
What we do
Through our deep relationships with local nonprofit organizations and other community leaders, the Yampa Valley Community Foundation (YVCF) monitors the pulse of the community – what makes it special, what challenges our residents face, and where the greatest needs exist. Being 100% locally based and focused, we provide these essential services:
- We engage donors in meaningful giving with the goal of fostering a culture of meaningful philanthropy.
- We strengthen and sustain local nonprofits, amplifying their accomplishments in the Yampa Valley.
- We make and facilitate impactful grants.
- We build community, catalyzing innovative and collaborative solutions to our community’s most important unmet needs.
- We lead in times of crisis, collaborating to swiftly raise and grant back out funding to meet immediate needs in our community.
What it’s like to work at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation
As a mission-oriented nonprofit organization, YVCF staff are primarily motivated by the work we do and the culture we offer. Our work culture inspires face-to-face interaction, idea sharing, serendipitous interactions and informal meetings. Our team is highly collaborative – everyone pitches in and everyone shares in the success of the organization. Each staff member is a passionate and effective ambassador for the organization.
Current job openings at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation: