In addition to the 24 scholarships offered by the Yampa Valley Community Foundation to graduating seniors, YVCF has four scholarships that are available to students pursuing continuing education or may be nontraditional students.
Each scholarship had a different set of criteria, and we appreciate your help spreading the word to individuals in our community that might be pursuing their education and need financial assistance.
- Everett and Benita Bristol Memorial International Scholarship (deadline 4/30)
The scholarship is for full-time (12 credit hours) CMC students at the Steamboat campus with financial need who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college student
- DACA student
- Students born outside the United States or who have parents born outside the U.S.
- International student
- English as a second language
- Kenny Corriveau Trade Scholarship (deadline 4/5)
Awarded for the purpose of advancing education in the trades for individuals ages 17 to 25 to attend a trade, college or university institution.
- Routt County Cattlewomen Continuing Education Scholarship (deadline 4/5)
Awarded to students who are residents of Routt County and members of a family currently involved in Routt County beef production or pursuing a degree related to or benefiting the beef industry. Also offered to college students (residents of Routt County) who are continuing their secondary education or who are non-traditional students attending for the first time.
- Dring Language Fellowship (deadline 4/5)
Awarded to provide assistance for an international travel experience for the purpose of improving or perfecting foreign language skills. Current students or graduates of all high schools and colleges in Routt County. Residents of Routt County who did not attend local schools, but who have a strong connection to Yampa Valley, will also be considered.