The Community Foundation announces new board members, officers
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation has elected two new board trustees and appointed a new slate of officers for 2020.
The nonprofit’s all-volunteer board trustees are selected for demonstrating a high level of commitment to the greater Yampa Valley and personal involvement in community engagement. The board trustees oversee strategic planning, and policy and responsibly steward over $20 million in assets.
Jeff Merage was appointed to serve his first three-year term. Jeff is the CEO of a real estate investment company and manages a family foundation. He has lived in Steamboat since 2015. He serves on the Mountain Village Montessori Charter School board and the Steamboat Wildfire Council.
Corey Peck was appointed to serve his first three-year term. Corey was born and raised in Craig and returned to the Yampa Valley in 2014 after founding and managing a boutique tech consulting company in Colorado Springs. In his time in Steamboat, he has been involved in supporting non-profit organizations at the local, state, and international level.
“I am pleased to welcome Jeff Merage and Corey Peck as new board trustees,” said David Foster, Chair of the Yampa Valley Community Foundation Board of Trustees. “They both bring a wealth of experience and expertise and will be a tremendous asset as we further our mission of building prosperity through leadership, partnership and philanthropy.”
- The Community Foundation also announced its slate of officers for the upcoming year:
- David Foster, Community Volunteer, serves as Chair;
- Gordon Hattersley, Philanthropist, serves as Vice Chair;
- Ron Krall, Owner at Off the Beaten Path Bookstore, serves as Immediate Past Chair;
- Tara Weaver, Owner and Broker at Central Park Management; serves as secretary/treasurer;
- Carol (Shine) Atha, Community Volunteer, serves as Investment Committee Chair.
Returning members of the board include: Paula Cooper Black (emeritus), Jim Bronner (emeritus), Craig Macnab, Kelly Landers, Rob Perlman, Craig Wasserman, Pam Williams, Barbara Winternitz, PJ Wharton, Chris Diamond, and Deb Conroy.
For more information, visit www.yvcf.org.