In partnership with Routt County, the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is now accepting grant requests from nonprofit organizations located in and actively engaged in programming in Routt County. The primary objective of the grant funding is to help address long-term economic hardship to Routt County nonprofit organizations and the residents they serve that have resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Yampa Valley Community Foundation will award 15-30 grants up to $5,000 through the Routt County Non-Profit Support & Recovery Grant. Grants are for eligible reimbursable expenses which were paid between March 1, 2020 through November 30, 2020.
Overall Eligibility Criteria:
- The organization must operate as a 501(c)(3) organization which is in good standing with the State of Colorado Secretary of State’s office and the IRS and had already received its nonprofit status prior to March 1, 2020.
- The principal place of operation, or headquarters, for the nonprofit must be located within Routt County.
- At least 50% of the individuals employed by the organization must be permanent residents of the County of Routt. If the organization is all volunteer-driven, at least 50% of the volunteers and clients must reside in Routt County.
- The nonprofit must have experienced a reduction in revenue or increase in service demand attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grants cannot provide funding for religious or political activities.
- All grant expenses must have occurred between March 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020. Expenses must be evidenced with invoices and canceled checks as proof of payment. Funds cannot be used for capital improvements or the prepayment of expenses. Funding cannot be used for expenses already paid for by the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- The non-profit is in compliance with the executive orders pertaining to the public health emergency due to COVID-19 and all applicable statewide and local public health orders, including capacity restrictions and will continue into the future.
- Demonstrated need because of increased demand or decrease in support resulting from COVID-19.
- 12/3/2020 – The Routt County Non-Profit Support & Recovery Grant application opens through the Yampa Valley Community Foundation.
- 12/14/2020 – Grant applications close at 5 PM MST.
- 12/21/2020 – Grants Committee meets to allocate funding.
- 12/22/2020 – Routt County Board of Commissioner notified of Grant Committee recommendations for funding.
- 12/29/2020 – Nonprofits notified of awards.
- 1/13/2021 – Grant awards mailed to nonprofits.
Yampa Valley Community Foundation and the Grant Advisory Committee will prioritize applications that meet the following two goals of the grant cycle:
- Nonprofits that are threatened and/or economically harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic and the public health mandates for social distancing or capacity limitations. but that were otherwise healthy and functional businesses before the pandemic, and are therefore likely to be successful following the pandemic.
- The economic importance of the organization to Routt County and surrounding markets and/or the corresponding loss to resident well-being and quality of life should the nonprofit discontinue operations.
Funding decisions by the Yampa Valley Community Foundation and the Grant Advisory Committee will be based on:
- How well applicants can demonstrate how funding will be used to compensate for the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the public health mandates for social distancing or capacity limitations. ,
- The number of full-time employees employed by the nonprofit and the number that reside in Routt County.
- Considering the nonprofit’s current operating expenses and revenue, the likelihood to allow the nonprofit to continue operating past the pandemic.
- The Scoring Matrix can be found here
As a reimbursement grant, there is no additional reporting required with this funding.
Contact Helen Beall, Community Impact Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.989.4642.