HEART OF STEAMBOAT FOUNDATION
The Heart of Steamboat Foundation (of the United Methodist Church) will be granting $10,000 in April to organizations in Routt and Moffat Counties. They grant $10,000 every April & October, $20,000 per year.
Review here for full grant details.
Keep in mind:
- The group do not fund sports or performing arts. They lean towards human services concerns.
- They distribute funds across Northwest Colorado and we tend to get more applications from within Steamboat Springs. So if your group serves outside Steamboat Springs and especially Moffat County be sure to highlight it in your application as it might help your priority.
- Historically, the Foundation has been awarding grants in the range of $250 to $2500 with typical being around $1200.
- They like to fund grants benefiting larger numbers of people.
- So if you are doing good work in our community and you could use some money, apply for a grant!
Nonprofit Board Member Course
The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit board members. Each of the five-course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible nonprofit director.
The staff at YVCF has gone through this training and feels this is a great free training to share. It takes less than 2.5 hours to complete the 5-part course.
You can take the free training here: http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/charities/boardTraining.html
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation has a nonprofit event calendar and wants to help spread the news about your upcoming event.
If you would like for your event to be listed, visit https://yvcf.org/nonprofitevents/ and submit your event.
Philanthropist of the Year
For twenty years, the Yampa Valley Community Foundation has bestowed this honor upon individuals, youth and business leaders in our community. The awards will be presented at our June Celebration of Philanthropy event in an effort to heighten the visibility of philanthropy and giving in the Yampa Valley.
Through your nonprofit organization, do you know a deserving nominee? If so, please spread the word among your networks or consider nominating someone yourself.
We are now accepting nominations through April 13th:
To learn more and to make a nomination: