Periodically throughout the year, the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is notified of additional grants through other opportunities. We announce these additional funding opportunities via our nonprofit newsletter.
Sign up for this newsletter .
Women’s Giving Circle Request for Assistance
The Women’s Giving Circle of the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is seeking proposals on a rolling basis for their year-round granting. This group of donors wishes to have an immediate impact toward improving the situation of women, children or the elderly in the Yampa Valley. They are requesting proposals from organizations, schools and churches who may know of community members who could use a little boost from anonymous “angels” among us. If, in your work, you are familiar with a family or individual (especially children) who needs some help, we invite you to submit a proposal.
Guidelines for requesting assistance:
- Proposal must provide immediate help to an individual or family in Routt or Moffat County. The request should be a one-time, finite expense that addresses an urgent but not chronic need.
- Proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, year-round.
- Proposals must be submitted by a representative of an agency, school or church this is currently assisting the client (grant funds will be disbursed to the sponsoring agency).
- All proposals should include a specific dollar amount no more than $3000.
- Organizational general support or client medical bill assistance is not of interest to the Giving Circle. The types of proposals that have been funded in the past include: a handicap access ramp for a home, a new furnace, bicycle repairs and electric meter compliance.
- Please submit the request for assistance (below) in a .pdf format to email@example.com (please do not include client names). YVCF encourages all agencies to call YVCF to discuss the individual circumstances of the family or individual needs before submitting a proposal: Emily Beyer 970-879-8632.
The WZ Giving Circle Request Guidelines
The WZ Giving Circle requests Letters of Proposal twice per year (fall and spring). This group of individuals is interested in learning more about the needs of Routt County in an effort to make an impact on our community. Through their charitable giving, a pool of funding will help individuals and families which have specific circumstances that require immediate financial assistance.
- Projects or programs must meet the above criteria for individuals or a family who has an immediate need.
- All proposals must range between $1,000 – $5,000.
- Submit a written Letter of Proposal with a summary of the current need, how the funding would be spent, and the impact that funding would have on the individual or family. Please do not include client names.
- Letter is not to exceed 2 pages in length and shall be submitted in a .PDF format on agency letterhead. We will not accept proposals directly from individuals. Your agency must have a relationship with the client.
- Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to submit proposals is September 20th, 2018.
If your proposal is chosen a representative from your agency will be asked to provide a brief 5-minute presentation on September 27th between 8:30-11:00 am with time for Q&A by the WZ Giving Circle.
Please note, the WZ Giving Circle is a separate effort from the Women’s Giving Circle (which will be accepting applications on a year-round basis).