Nonprofit agencies create endowments to establish stable, predictable sources of income for current and future needs. The Yampa Valley Community Foundation can manage funds permanently endowed by donors or the agency. This permanent pool of assets generates income and, hopefully, grows over time. Like your personal savings, a permanent fund for your agency can provide a reliable source of additional income each year.
Advantages of having an Agency Endowment at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation:
- Your agency fund enjoys the advantage of being invested in a larger pool of assets which can lead to greater growth, greater income, and lower investment fees.
- The Foundation handles investment management and oversight, all accounting and financial reporting, and annual audit.
- Your agency can receive income from its portion of the total endowment.
- All gifts to your fund are restricted for your use only. While co-mingled for investment, your agency’s endowment will not be used for other purposes.
- Your endowment fund receives exposure in the Foundation’s annual report and website to reach more, and potentially new donors than those on your current list.
All gifts are tax deductible at the highest levels allowed.
YVCF has created an Endowment Toolkit to help you reach your goals. To access this toolkit: yvcf.org/non-profits/endowment-building-toolkit
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation gift planning program is designed to encourage agencies to consciously build endowments through planned giving. The Community Foundation can accept planned gifts from a donors’ assets. Common planned giving vehicles included in estate plans are:
Securities, Bequest, Real Estate, Life Insurance and Retirement Accounts
Colorado Nonprofit Association is proud to bring you the third edition of Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Colorado (P&P).
This guidebook was developed by Colorado nonprofits for Colorado nonprofits. It provides resources to help you keep up-to-date on legal compliance, prepare to complete the Form 990, build capacity, and demonstrate transparency and accountability.
Use this document for agrant recieved for general operating support.Communications Guidelines for Grant Recipients
Use this document for any grants recieved to be directed to a program. Communications Guidelines for Program Grant Recipients