Apply for a Grant
Our 2017 Community Grant Cycle is now closed.
Community Grant Cycle Overview
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation, in partnership with community members, supports innovative programs benefiting the Yampa Valley. In addition to the YVCF Community Grant Fund, the Foundation manages multiple charitable funds including Field of Interest funds for Arts & Culture, Education, Environment, Health & Human Services and Recreation. Funds from the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Employee Environmental, Recreation and Charitable Funds, the Gloria Gossard Memorial Endowment, Arthur Anderson Memorial Endowment and Donor Advised Funds are also administered through the YVCF Community Grants process.
July 14, 2017, at 4 pm MST – Full grant applications are due using online application
If you are not applying because you have to sit out a year, we ask you still submit a 75 word summary of your current need
Late September 2017 – Grant awards are announced
Successful grant proposals should:
- Demonstrate impact in the Yampa Valley
- Define the process used to measure impact and evaluate expected results
- Effectively demonstrate collaboration within the community
- Exhibit best organizational and financial practices
2017 Grant Making Guidelines
- In 2017, grant requests should be limited to $5,000 or less.
- YVCF will consider larger grant requests up to $15,000 that demonstrate significant impact within the Yampa Valley. To be considered for larger grants, organizations must have direct conversation with YVCF.
- Organizations that receive three consecutive years of YVCF or Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp funding (beginning 2012) will be asked to take a year off from applying through the Community Grants Cycle.
Evaluations for previously awarded grants must be received before new grant proposals will be considered.
YVCF accepts proposals from organizations engaged in nonprofit programs in Routt and Moffat Counties that benefit the Yampa Valley. Only grant requests for charitable purposes that have a public benefit will be considered and requests for programs are encouraged instead of requests for general operating support. Grants may be awarded for innovative programs demonstrating community benefits in five focus areas:
Arts & Culture * Education * Health & Human Services * Environment * Recreation
Proposals are typically declined for individual or professional development, team or travel expenses, retro-active grants for projects already completed or in process, or 100% of funding for a project. YVCF does not grant for debt reduction or endowments. Programs and services that receive funding from the Yampa Valley Community Foundation shall not include any political or religious intentions.
A grant evaluation from any previous YVCF grants will be due prior to any application. Grant proposals are solicited from organizations in Routt and Moffat counties. All Letters of Intent are shared with Donor Advisors who hold a YVCF Donor Advised Fund. YVCF has a ‘sit a year out’ policy for organizations that receive funding from the community grants round three years in a row, beginning 2012