Yampa Valley Gives: Nonprofit Profile Update Training – Routt County
What: Bring your lunch, laptop, and Yampa Valley Gives log-in information and get ready to update your Yampa Valley Gives Profile or start to create a new profile for 2019. The YVG team and other nonprofits will be there to help with questions.
New nonprofits are encouraged to join and get a start on their profile!
Where: Room 113/114 at Centennial Hall
Time: 12:30 – 1:30 PM
Date: Thursday, June 13th
Yampa Valley Gives: Nonprofit Profile Update Training – Moffat County
The Yampa Valley Gives team is coming to Moffat County but wants to know when!
Please help them by completing the following Doodle Poll: https://doodle.com/poll/meabnkimrntmu6xe
Free Community Room for Nonprofits
Old Town Hot Springs built a brand new community room and nonprofits can reserve it for up to 2 hours for free.
Reserve here: https://www.oldtownhotsprings.org/about/community-room/
Nonprofit of the Week at Powder Day Donuts
Every two weeks Powder Day Donuts selects one local nonprofit organizations to support as the “Nonprofit of the Week”. Powder Day Donuts donates a portion of sales for the two weeks to that nonprofit
Nonprofits will be featured on a bulletin board next to the register and will receive proceeds from the nonprofit special.
The Nonprofit Special is any 2 donuts and any size drip coffee for $5. $1 of that $5 will go to the nonprofit for every Nonprofit Special sold that two week period.
How it works:
- Nonprofits will come in and decorate the bulletin board with materials on the Monday morning of the week that it will be featured (they open at 6:30 am), and will be expected to take materials down either on Sunday by 1:00, or the two weeks after Monday by 6:30. You can also request to recycle the materials. The materials will stay up that Monday through Sunday. There will be a locked donation box by the bulletin board for donations for that weeks nonprofit as well.
A Friendly Reminder from Routt County – Special Event Permits
Are you or your organization planning a Special Event to support your agency or an individual?
Routt County wants to remind you that the events you are planning may require a review and issuance of permit(s). We want to help you to make sure that your event will meet all regulations and be a success. Please contact the Planning Department at 970-879-2704 for any additional information and here is a link to help with your inquiries.
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation Community Grant Cycle is open
YVCF, in partnership with the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, Donor Advised Fund Holders and other Granting Endowments, supports programs and services benefiting the Yampa Valley through this annual Community Grants Cycle. Grants may be awarded for innovative programs demonstrating community benefits in five focus areas: arts & culture, education, health & human services, environment, and recreation.
All grant requests for General Operating support must be approved by YVCF staff prior to grant application submission.
Dates to remember:
May 13th, 2019 – Community Grant Cycle Opens
July 12th @ 4 pm MST – Grant applications due
Late-September: Organizations notified of grant awards
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Beall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 879-8632.
Mountain Valley Bank Seasons of Giving
- Requests in excess of $250 must be submitted through our online application to be eligible for potential funding.
- In most cases, we review applications on a quarterly basis. Below are the deadlines for each quarterly meeting review:
- Requests received by December 31: decisions will be communicated in January
- Requests received by March 31: decisions will be communicated in April
- Requests received by June 30: decisions will be communicated in July
- Requests received by September 30: decisions will be communicated in October
- Once an application has been received, MVB begin a multi-stage review process. We appreciate your patience during this process, as the number of requests can be quite high depending on the time of year. Please keep this in mind when applying and allow for adequate lead-time before your event. You can apply up to 9 months before your event. Upon completion of review, a MVB associate will contact you via mail or email as to the status of your application.
- At Mountain Valley Bank, they committed to supporting our community, not only with dollars, but also with time. MVB loves to see associates participate in the programs they fund and recommend that organizations reach out to local MVB locations to build volunteer relationships with local associates.
If you have additional questions about our grant program after reviewing this information, contact us at email@example.com.