Operating grants will fund organizations that have deep roots in community and strong experience working with residents without health insurance and/or access to sick days, people with limited English language proficiency, healthcare and seasonal workers, chronic health conditions, mobility impaired, youth and our aging population, among others. The Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address all aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
The first phase of rapid-response grants will increase resiliency in our communities by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work due to the broader COVID-19 outbreak, the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by COVID-19 related closures, and the increased demand for medical and behavioral resources and support.
- Medical Supplies
- Nursing home staff coverage for low-income households
- Cleaning Supplies for care facilities of all kinds.
- Technology Assistance
- Volunteer Services
- Food Services
- Other at-risk population
- Emergency Assistance for organizations supporting laid-off workers
- Mental and Behavioral Health for those who are most vulnerable
Required Information to Apply:
- Organization Name
- Grant Amount Requested (no maximum)
- Description of Request
- Include if you have received funding and/or other potential sources of funding have been exhausted (foundations, government).
- Include any community partnerships
- Demonstrate the need is clearly based on COVID-19, not an ongoing need
- Detail the population served through this grant