We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Giving Circle and give you an update on our activities so far this year. With your support, in 2018 our group has been able to fund 18 grant requests through local nonprofits to help people in our community with pressing needs. We are truly making a difference in these individual’s lives. Assistance that we have been able to provide this year has included:
• Routt to Work: new refrigerator for a single mother
• Yampa Valley High School: eyeglasses for a student whose family was unable to pay for them
• Northwest Colorado Center for Independence: purchase of a cane and training for a 30-year old mother who recently became blind
• LiftUp of Routt County: housing assistance for a single mother and child with Down Syndrome
• Advocates in Routt County: housing and car payment assistance for a single mother fleeing an abusive relationship until she received her first paycheck.
These are just a handful of the people that we have been able to assist in partnership with our local nonprofit agencies. Your contributions have enabled us to do good things for people in need in our community and we hope you will be able to continue to participate in the Women’s Giving Circle. In 2018, we have received over $15,000 in donations and have funded over $14,000 in requests. At our fall meeting we received $7,100 in additional funds, bringing the fund balance to $6,760. We are receiving proposals on a rolling basis in order to be most responsive to community needs. On average, we consider 1-3 proposals each month. Sponsored by the Yampa Valley Community Foundation, 100% of your gift is granted out through our nonprofit partners to benefit local families and individuals in need. Please remember the Women’s Giving Circle on Yampa Valley Gives Day and for your year- end charitable donations.