Awarded to graduating seniors from Routt County or current students at the CMC Steamboat campus who will be attending CMC full-time and who meet one or more of the following criteria: first generation college student; DACA student; Students born outside the U.S. or who have parents born outside the U.S.; International student; or Students for whom English is not their primary language.
Minimum $500 (up to 6 scholarships awarded annually)
April 6th at 4:00 PM
This scholarship was created in memory of Everett and Benita Bristol, who had close ties to the CMC Steamboat campus. Benita completed her Associates Degree at CMC and was the first person in her family to finish college. She later worked for many years at the switchboard on campus and was beloved by students and faculty alike. The couple established the scholarship to promote intercultural exchange, initially to encourage international students to study in Steamboat and take back what they learned to their country. Today, the scholarship is for full-time (12 credit hours) CMC students at the Steamboat campus with financial need who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college student
- DACA student
- Students born outside the United States or who have parents born outside the U.S.
- International student
- English as a second language
Please read these instructions before proceeding to the online application:
- Create an individual login – Be sure to remember your user name and password so you can leave the website and return to your application later. Once you click “submit,” you will not be able to return to your application to edit.
- General Information – You must begin the application by filling out the “general information” section. Once that section is complete, proceed to the other application sections. If you plan to apply for multiple scholarships you will be able to import responses from your first completed application to avoid having to fill out similar information multiple times.
- Essays – Each scholarship may have specific essay questions so don’t wait until the last minute to research our scholarships and write your essays. We recommend that you save your essays in a Word doc and then use the cut and paste function to place them into the online form. This will enable you to proof-read, do a word count and spell check your essays prior to submission.
- Submit – Once you have completed all sections on your dashboard you will be asked to provide an electronic signature and do a final review. Once you click “submit” you will be sent an email verifying your submission.
Many applications will require the following attachments:
- A recent transcript
- A résumé including all employment history, extracurricular and school activities, community service, leadership roles, awards, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members.